Located in North Troy, New York. The Sanctuary for Independent Media is a constellation of urban grow lots, residency spaces, outdoor performance and gathering spaces, and the NATURE Lab environmental education building.
At the center of our campus stands an old church – the Sanctuary – which serves as our hub. The Sanctuary is home to Sanctuary Radio studios, indoor production and gallery spaces, and a kitchen where community meals are prepared with urban-grown vegetables from the Collard City Growers gardens. To the north is Freedom Square, outdoor event space with a mosaic stage. To the south is Collard City Growers, NATURE Lab (incl. People’s Health Sanctuary), L-lot, and the residency housing.
Learn more about our spaces:
The Sanctuary main space at 3361 6th Ave.
– Event Space
– Sanctuary Radio
– Underground Art Gallery
– Sanctuary Kitchen
Freedom Square at 35 5th Ave.
– Mosaic Stage by Isaiah Zagar
– Food Forest
Collard City Growers at 3337 6th Ave.
– L-lot garden is located at 3305 6th Ave.
NATURE Lab at 3319 6th Ave.
– Community Science Lab on the first floor
– People’s Health Sanctuary located on the second floor with more Sanctuary Kitchen
– Talking Circle in the courtyard
– Free Food Fridge
The Sanctuary Eco-Art Trail, campus wide
– Medicine Garden in the NATURE Lab courtyard