from Anna Loughlin
Today’s recipe has 8-10 servings and the cost for ingredients for this recipe was $20.00! A cost of $2.00 per person! In the summer you can grow your own vegetables, which would bring down your cost.
- 5 tablespoons fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 package (24 ounce frozen potatoes shredded potatoes for hash browns, thawed or a 5lb. bag of russet potatoes peel and shred, then squeeze out all water from the potatoes use a cheese towel.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 1/2 cups shredded muenster cheese
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups sliced zucchini (1 medium)
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms sliced
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled seeded, cut in chunks
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
1. Grease pan and sprinkle bread crumbs in prepared quiche dish. Shake out excess.
2. In bowl, combine potatoes, onions,3/4 cups of the muenster cheese, the butter, oregano, salt, and pepper to taste; mix well. Transfer to quiche dish, pressing mixture firmly on bottom; build an edge 1/2 inch high. Bake in 450 degree oven for 25 minutes.
3.While potatoes crust bakes, heat oil in a pan; add zucchini, mushrooms, and tomatoes. Sprinkle with basil, salt and peper to taste. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
4. Remove baked potato crust from oven. Spread evenly with zucchini mixture. Sprinkle with remaining muenster cheese, then with the parmesan cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into wedges to serve.
I hope you enjoy this nutritious meal! Remember, you can always switch up the ingredients to what you have stored in your fridge.