3361 6th Avenue
The Sanctuary For Independent Media is at 3361 6th Avenue in north Troy (just below 101st Street). We’re located in a century-old wood frame former church framed by two tall pine trees, just a block from the Hudson River. There is plenty of free on-street parking available within a few steps of our building.
There’s one charming historical note to keep in mind as you navigate! Please note that street names change without warning at 101st Street, at the mystical sport of Freedom Square! The street grids of Troy and Lansingburgh were never unified when the communities were joined a hundred years ago, so south of 101st Street is 6th Ave and north of 101st Street is 5th Ave, but they’re the same street.
- Be the Media! Media and Activism with Astra Taylor - 04/24/2019 - 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- "What is Democracy?" with Filmmaker Astra Taylor - 04/24/2019 - 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Roots Natty Division Party: "Spring Cleaning" with Collard City Growers - 04/28/2019 - 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Be the Media! The Art of Interviewing with Ellen Rocco - 05/02/2019 - 7:00 pm
- Be the Media! The Art of News Production with Mike Burke - 05/04/2019 - 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- The Life and Songs of Folk Music Icon Pete Seeger - 05/04/2019 - 7:00 pm