One block from the Hudson River, our environmental education campus — including Collard City Growers (garden, L-Lot and Food Cycle), the NATURE Lab Residency Space and Freedom Square — offers programming including community workshops, public art installations, artist residencies, research activities, and after school activities. We seek to combine global expertise with local knowledge to address the issues that are unique to the North Troy ecosystem and community.
NATURE Lab Environmental Education Center
In 2018, we commenced the community-led design process for the new Environmental Education Center. The Center will transform a long-abandoned building at 3319 6th Ave into a resource for the North Troy community. The new space will seek to empower the public with grassroots science through its community science lab. Additionally, we hope to find more ways the Environmental Education Center can give back to the neighborhood.
Active NATURE Lab Projects:
- Next Epoch Seed Library
- Environmental Education Center
- Composting: Troy Zero Waste
- Combined Sewage Overflow
- Ruderal Ecologies (Plants in the Ruins)
- Bio-Mapping (iNaturalist observations & more)
- Troy Residential Water Quality
- Collard City Growers gardens
- Collard City Growers Aquaponics
- Invasive and Feral Pigments